Thứ Ba, 4 tháng 3, 2014

Fried Prawns With Dark Soy Sauce

The is the second dish which I cooked using dark soy sauce after my first dish Fried Chicken with Sweet Dark Soy Sauce.  Using the same method, this is again the simplest way to cook prawns that are tasty and delicious.  So much of big prawns left over from Chinese New Year in my mother in-law's fridge.  I think, she has about 5 kg of big prawns before CNY.  Last year, the quantity left over lasted until June.  This year, I don't know how long the leftover will last especially when she ain't doing any daily cooking [have to wait till I'm back at her place].
The shells have turned dark after thawing, so the best way is to shell them and cook it this way which is much faster and looks good, too.
Recipe Source - Yum Yum Magazine No. 77 with slight modifications
Ingredients
[serves 4-5]
500 gm medium to big size prawns - shelled and deveined
1-2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp chopped ginger
1 red chilli - diced
some spring onions and cucumber for garnishing
Seasoning
2 tbsp dark soy sauce [can used sweet dark soy sauce/kicap manis]
1-2 tsp sugar to taste
1 tsp salt
  1. Mix prawns with seasoning.
  2. Heat oil in wok, fry garlic and ginger until fragrant.  Add in 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce [optional].
  3. Add in seasoned prawns.  Stir fry over high heat for a few minutes until prawns are cooked.
  4. Add in red chilli.  Stir to mix.
  5. Dish out, garnish with spring onions and sliced cucumber.  Serve immediately with rice.

Notes: Visit this site for Its' Nutritional Facts [here]

    hosted by Moon of Food Playground
    Photobucket
    I'm also submitting this post to Cook Your Books Event #10 hosted by
     Joyce of Kitchen Flavours
    Cook-Your-Books

    PS:  This will be my last post for the time being as I needed more to time to get some accounting work completed for my brother's company before I can prepare  more new dishes to share with all.

    Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
    SOCIALIZE IT →
    FOLLOW US →
    SHARE IT →

    0 nhận xét:

    Đăng nhận xét