Thứ Hai, 28 tháng 4, 2014

Steamed Orange Cupcakes

I always admire cupcakes be it steamed or baked which rises, crack or smile beautifully.  As I was afraid that mine may not 'smile' or they may be hard and tough, I never dare to try.   Recently after my satisfactory attempt in making 'Nyonya Huat Kuih', I started looking back at the list of cupcakes which I have bookmarked to try.
One of the many is this steamed orange cupcake recipe from Anncoo Journal.  Since I had the home-made Candied Orange Peel, I made these and I'm very happy, these cupcakes 'smiled' so beautifully.   It's so easy to make them, too.   It's a keeper.
According to Ann, these cupcakes can be reheated the next day before serving.
Visit this site for Its' Nutritional Facts [here]
Recipe Source - Anncoo Journal - slightly modified
Ingredients
[makes 8 pieces]
50 gm butter - melted and leave to cool
210 ml fresh orange juice + 40 ml water [I used milk]
100 gm castor sugar [I used 80 gm]
a drop of orange colouring - optional
250 gm self raising flour - sifted
1 tbsp orange zest
1 egg - lightly beaten
60 gm candied orange peel - dice to small pieces
  1. Pour orange juice, water or milk, sugar and colouring in a small saucepan.  Stir over low heat just until sugar dissolved, leave to cool.  DO NOT BOIL JUICE, OTHERWISE IT MAY BE BITTER.
  2. Sieve flour into a large mixing bowl.  Stir in orange zest.  Pour the orange juice directly into the flour, followed by egg and melted butter.  Stir with a hand whisk to mix.
  3. Lastly add in the candied orange peel. Mix lightly.
  4. Scoop batter into prepared cupcake liners to 3/4 full and steam over high heat for 10-12 minutes.
  5. Remove to cool on wire rack or serve warm.




Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét