Thứ Ba, 30 tháng 9, 2014

Pumpkin Buns with Serunding [Meat Floss]

This is another pumpkin bun which I made with Serunding [either chicken or fish floss]. This recipe is a keeper and so far I have not failed using this recipe. I had made this pumpkin buns with pumpkin paste [see recipe], it's good. You can shape the dough into any shape you like.
Like previous years, whenever I received Serunding from my Malay friends during Raya, I'll use it as filling for my steamed or baked buns.  This time I mix chicken and fish floss together.   It's yummy.   See other recipe [Layered Pumpkin Bread with Spicy Serunding. The original recipe uses sausages as filling.
See how lovely these buns look? It's a bit brown not because I over-baked them, it's because I applied to much egg glaze.
Verdict - soft, spongy and moist buns with savoury and spicy meat floss fillings.
Recipe Source - Yum Yum Magazine
Pumpkin Bread Dough
[makes 12-14 buns] 
300 gm plain flour
1/2 tbsp skimmed milk powder
1/2 tsp salt
25 gm sugar [1 used 1 heaped tbsp]
1 small egg
100 gm pumpkin puree [refer to Pumpkin paste recipe for preparation]
50-60 ml water [depends on size of egg and whether puree is wet]
2 tsp yeast
1 tbsp butter
  1. Knead all dough ingredients [except butter and water] on slow speed to combine.  Gradually add in water [may not use all] and continue kneading until dough is soft and smooth [about 7-10 minutes].
  2. Add in butter and continue kneading on low speed from the start then turn to medium speed when butter and dough has combined.  Knead for about 5-7 minutes to get to window pane stage.
  3. Form dough into a ball.  Place in a bowl covered to rest for 1 hour [I rest it for about 30 minutes]. [Can prepare dough up to this stage - place dough in an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator for 1 day before use.  Safe time and buns can be ready in a shorter time whenever you feel like having freshly baked buns for breakfast or tea.  Thaw dough to room temperature before use].
  4. Punch down rested dough.  Divide into 12 pieces [50 gm each].  Round up into a ball.  Wrap with some serunding and form into any shapes preferred.  Here I shaped the buns into oval and round shapes.
  5. Proof until double in size [about 1 hour].  Glaze with beaten egg [you can use milk] and sprinkle sesame seeds.
  6. Bake in preheated oven at 200 degrees C for 15 minutes.  Remove and cool on wire rack.
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (Oct 2014 Event: PUMPKIN) organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Eileen (Eileen's Diary).

I'm also submitting this post to Cook Your Books Event #17 hosted by 

Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét