Thứ Tư, 20 tháng 5, 2015

THAI MANGO GLUTINOUS RICE PUDDING [KHAO NGIAO]

Haven’t had enough of this delicious dessert while in Thailand? Yes. So, I prepared this to devour and also to share with Best Recipes May 2015 Event on ‘Desserts’.

This is a very easy to follow recipe shared by Agnes Chang in her book ‘Agnes Chang’s Tasty Temptations which I had in my collection of recipe books for years. Her recipe is a big portion to cook and I have reduced it to only a third just enough for my family. I didn’t want my hubby to eat too much of this especially after dinner….It may cause indigestion for some people.

Verdict - yummy-licious dessert that is not difficult to prepare in your own kitchen.
Recipe adapted from Agnes Chang’s Tasty Temptations
Ingredients
200 gm glutinous rice – washed, soaked overnight - drained
70 ml thick coconut milk
40 gm sugar
Pinch of salt to taste
2 blades pandan leaves
  1. Put all the ingredients in a steaming tray. Steam over high heat for about 40 minutes or until cooked through and dry [make sure rice is thoroughly cooked]. Fluff up rice with a fork. Set aside.
80 ml thick coconut milk
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp cornflour
  1. To cook the coconut cream – Mix ingredients in a small pot. Bring to boil while stirring constantly over low heat. Pour into a small sauce boat.
3 mangoes – peeled and sliced


  1. To serve – press glutinous rice into a small bowl and invert it onto a serving plate. Scoop coconut cream over rice and serve with sliced mango.

I'm submitting this post to the Best Recipes for Everyone May 2015 Event (Theme: My Favourite Desserts) organized by Fion of Xuanhom's Mom and co-hosted by Aunty Young


I submitting this post to Cook Your Books Event #23 [May 2015] hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours


Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét