Thứ Năm, 30 tháng 10, 2014

Canned Sardine Fish Curry

This fish recipe is a good one when you want to have some fish for dinner but didn't have any fresh one in your fridge. Easy to prepare so long as you have a can of sardines in your pantry.  A tasty fish curry that goes well with steaming hot rice. 
 
Already in the third quarter of 2014, must try to accomplish my resolution of the year, that is to try as many as possible the lovely recipes shared by blogger friends.  This one is from Sonia of Nasi Lemak Lover which I have bookmarked to do.  As there was nothing left in my pantry to cook up a meal, I remembered this curry of Sonia.  So this is it, nice curry cooked in a jiffy with some modifications.
Ingredients
1 large can sardine in tomato sauce [425 gm]
1 tomato - quartered
1 tbsp of ginger and garlic  [I omit the onion]
1 onion - sliced
2 sprigs curry leave
2 tbsp cooking oil
100 ml water
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp coriander seeds [replaced by coriander powder]
1/2 tsp cumin seeds [replaced by cumin powder]
Seasoning
1 tsp each of salt, sugar, light soy sauce and tumeric powder
1 tbsp fish curry powder
1 tsp red chilli powder [replaced by chilli boh]
  1. Remove sardines from can, retain the tomato sauce.
  2. Pan fry sardines in a non-stick pan without oil till sides are brown.  Dish up.
  3. Heat oil in wok, add ginger, garlic, onion and curry leaves.  Fry until fragrant.
  4. Add in the onions, tomatoes and tomato sauce.  Stir fry and add in the seasoning and water.
  5. When the sauce boils, add in sardines.  Cook for a minute.
  6. Dish up to serve. 
 
 


With this post, I like to inform dear friends and readers that I will be away on vocation for some time.  There will be no cooking to share from my kitchen till I am back.  Bye.
Do visit my other blog on Food and Travel where I record my travels if you miss me, hehehe!

Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét